Emergency Relief provides limited assistance with energy and water bills.
EAPA – (Energy Accounts Payment Assistance) appointments are taken for each Tuesday. We see clients between 9.30 and 12noon.
ENERGY (ELECTRICITY AND GAS) BILLS:
Please read this carefully, as we can only assist if you do the following:
- You must ring and book an appointment for an EAPA assessment.
- The account must be for residential (not commercial) premises in one of the eligible suburbs listed below. The bill must be for your CURRENT address.
- EAPA will not authorize assistance to bills from previous addresses that you no longer reside in.
- The person whose name is on the bill must attend the appointment in person.
- The person who attends the appointment must bring a CURRENT Centrelink income statement for every member of the household, along with the ORIGINAL BILL. Reminders and disconnection notices are NOT acceptable.
- The person who attends the appointment must present a CURRENT healthcare card, pension card or ImmiCard.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR EAPA WITH OUR OFFICE, THE ADDRESS ON YOUR BILL MUST BE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SUBURBS:
- Chester Hill
- Granville / South Granville
- Guildford / Guildford West
- Mays Hill
- Merrylands / Merrylands West
- Pendle Hill
- Wentworthville / South Wentworthville
- Wood Park
WE CANNOT ASSIST ANYONE WHO FAILS TO BRING A CURRENT CENTRELINK INCOME STATEMENT, HEALTHCARE, PENSION OR IMMICARD, OR ORIGINAL BILL.
CMCS is able to assist with excess water bills in some cases.
- The person seeking assistance must either be the owner of the premises, or have a tenancy agreement in their name, that says they are responsible for paying excess water charges
- Assistance is not done by way of vouchers, but through an interview with a community worker.
- Both EAPA Vouchers and Water Assistance are made by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
For assistance with electricity, gas or water bills, contact Emily on 9637-7600.